Monday, January 27, 2014

A most excellent day!

Today was amazing!  I woke up with so much energy and got a ton of stuff done.  I felt like I could just keep going and going and going...did someone put crack in my breakfast or what?  We cooked a lovely breakfast of pancakes and eggs with feta and veggies, and had some nice family time.  Tilda was so cute wandering around munching on a tiny pancake.  Rocky tried to steal it more than once, but didn't get it.

When Tilda went down for a nap (and stayed down for 3 hours, woo!) I decided it was time to do laundry and get some cooking done.  I made butternut squash soup, this time with cloves as the recipe calls for but I usually don't have.  I'm not sure I liked that addition.  I also burnt the onions just a little, so not sure which threw off the flavor.  

I also washed and chopped the rest of the veggies in the fridge, so now we have butternut squash cubes, cauliflower and broccoli, as well as all the salad veggies ready to be used.  It's nice to be prepared.  I don't mind cooking most nights, but it's tough to add all that prep time on a weeknight.  

Matt had band practice, so I took Tilda to the Wilmot gateway park.  She wasn't too into swinging today, mostly just wanted to stand and watch all the big kids playing.  She's so interested in other people, it's really cute to watch.  I took her down the slide a few times and she seemed to like it.  Then we took a nice long stroll along the Sammamish River Trail.  So pretty out there.  It was in the 50's and sunny in January, I love living in Seattle!

Next we ran a quick errand at the mall (argh, they forgot to take the security tag off my sweater) and hit the grocery store.  I dawdled there a little too long and Tilda hit meltdown city as we checked out.  Need to be packing more snacks!  Now that she's eating solids more at least we can get snacks on the go if we have to.  I got some frozen halibut filets at the store and made fish en pappillote for dinner with a salad and potatoes.

I don't know what got into me, but I like to think all this energy comes from the heathly eating and exercising lately!  It's a good reminder that taking care of yourself really does pay off.  Tomorrow I am going to take the day off for this week, so I can go to bed dreaming of what I'll have for brunch, and we're going to see a movie at the fancy iPic theater in the afternoon, popcorn time!



No comments:

Post a Comment