Friday, February 28, 2014

Running tunes

I've been thinking a lot about a running playlist.  For most of my runs I just start up Pandora, but this is hit or miss.  Sometimes the choices are great and very inspiring, and other times sad songs come on and it's a total buzzkill.  For the Mother's Day half marathon I need something more reliable.  I have a few go to songs, but that's not going to last me 3+ hours.

Here's what I've got so far:
  • Simple Minds - Alive and Kicking
  • Pearl Jam - Alive
  • Katy Perry - Roar, Firework
  • Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over
  • Black Eyed Peas 
  • Techno/EDM - ATB, Tiesto
  • Swedish House Mafia - Save the world, Don't you Worry Child
  • One Republic - Good Life 
  • Beastie Boys - Hey ladies
  • Pitbull - Shake Senora (ugh, I hate Pitbull but this song is catchy)
  • Miley - Wrecking ball (I know, I can't believe I like this song, pathetic!) 
  • DaRude -Sandstorm (oldie but goodie)
  • Zendaya - Replay
  • Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
  • Lady Gaga - Just Dance
  • Flux Pavilion - I Can't Stop
  • Awolnation - Sail
  • 3-11 Porter - Surround Me With Your Love (Mental Overdrive Remix)
  • Armin Van Buuren - In and Out of Love
  • Tiesto - Hide and Seek
  • Stars - Sleep Tonight
  • Natasha Bedingfield - Strip me
  • Atb- Gentle Melody
  • Deadmaus - Moar Ghosts 
  • Pantera - Walk, This Love
  • OneRepublic - All The Right Moves
  • FloRida - Wild Ones, I Cry
  • Rage against the machine - Killing In the Name Of
  • Icona pop - I love it
I've tried running podcasts as well, but nothing so far has worked well.  I might re-explore that option.  I also plan to have things like audiobooks and Radiolab, but I don't see using that much unless I decide to walk a bunch.  For running mojo I need tunes!
If you have any song suggestions, I'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment