Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Game On!

Yesterday I started a competitive diet called Game On with some coworkers and their group of friends.  The idea is to give a point value to eating healthy and other good habits and keep score that way versus just pounds.  Contestants are split into teams, and the team with the most points at the end takes the winnings to split equally among members.  The buy in is $100, so it's a fair amount to lose, but not so much that it really hurts.  Just enough  to keep motivated (hopefully!).  Every day people post on the group FB board with recipes, tips, workout advice...all kinds of goodness.  So far I am really liking it!

I am also starting my food tracking again, with goal intake at 1800 calories.  That's what has worked for me in the past to lose weight, so I think that combined with additional support from my fellow Game On-er's I will finally get those last few pounds off!

One other fun feature of the game is picking a good habit you want to start, and a bad habit you want to stop to track.  It's really tough to pick something that you can do every single day for 5 weeks!  After much hemming and hawing I went with:

Good: Read at least 15 minutes a day.
Bad: Stop leaving the living room all cluttered at night, pick up baby toys before going to bed.

They are small changes but both are easily accomplished, and help me feel better about my day.  And it contributes to my goal of reading one book a month.

Now off to eat and log another snack  ...game on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment