Saturday, May 10, 2014

This mother is ready to run



The day I've been training so hard for is almost here!  By this time tomorrow it will be all over, and I'll be whining about how sore I am.  It's been hard to find time to get in training runs the past couple of weeks, with work to sell my old house and lots to do at work, something had to give.  I'm not too concerned though, I just want to finish. If that means walking a lot, so be it!  Of course, I hope we can run a good portion of it, but I'm sure the hills are going to hurt.  If the 6 mile uphill run for Mt. Si Relay a couple weeks back is any indicator, I can hack it, even if it is a lot slower pace than I'd like.

I've got all my gear stacked up and ready to go, created a playlist on my phone, and the weather forecast looks about perfect to boot!  It's supposed to be 50 and sunny as we start running (which reminds me, sunglasses and sunscreen so my weak ass pale skin doesn't fry!).  After the downpour for Mt Si, some sun will be such a relief.

I hope the mimosas at the finish line are good!!


No comments:

Post a Comment