Monday, January 27, 2014

Current project

I'm currently working on the New York Cardigan (http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Suze/new-york-cardigan).  I had ordered 7 skeins of DK weight yarn intending to make a sweater out of it, but didn't have a pattern picked out for it.  Now I'm running out of yarn! :(  I had decided I liked the look of a tighter knit, so made it on size 6 needles instead of the size 9 the pattern called for.  Now I'm regretting that decision because a larger needle would make the yarn go a little further.  Is it totally crazy that I'm debating reworking an entire sweater so I can avoid ordering more yarn?  Gah! I'm not even sure if it would be enough to make the difference I need, but I'm still considering it anyway.  I think I will swatch up a piece tonight with size 8 or 9 need and see what I think of the drape.  As usual, I should have done that before I jumped into the project, but that's the great thing about knitting, you can almost always redo it!

No comments:

Post a Comment