Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Project updates

The New York cardigan came out lovely, wearing it now in fact!  Will get a good post blocking picture up soon.

As for the swaddle sacks, I had taken a complete guess as to how big they should be, and when I saw a comparison to a similar item it was laughable how small mine was!  It's funny how your memory messes with you.  I had an average sized newborn not all that long ago, how could I forget so quickly??  I'm gonna blame it on hormones and sleep deprivation haze.  After a reworking, it went from 14" circumference and 7.5" long to 20" circumference and 12" long and I used juuuust under one skein.  Next I need to write up a pattern and get it up on Etsy and Ravelry!  They seem to be a quite popular item, so I'm curious to see how they sell against the pants patterns.

I also need to work on my knitting design layout.  It's fine in Word, but definitely has an unfinished look. I wold love to have something more professional that I could take to the local yarn shops. Publisher seems to be the way to go, but I so far have felt pretty overwhelmed when I sit down and try to figure it out.  C'mon, I'm a techie, I can do this!!

Check out this snuggly baby in the swaddle sack, can you hear my ovaries screaming right now? So cute!!




No comments:

Post a Comment